The SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways programme was introduced to support mid-career individuals to widen their professional networks and gain new, in-demand skills while preparing for more permanent jobs in the future. Mid-career individuals on attachments can gain meaningful industry-relevant experience by being attached to a host organisation. Host organisations can fill these positions with mid-career individuals who bring with them a wealth of work experience. Upon completion of the attachment, host organisations may consider hiring well-performing individuals as permanent employees when business conditions improve and when they have greater confidence to hire.
Mid-career individuals who take on attachments under this programme can receive a monthly training allowance of up to $3,000 per month. The monthly training allowance provided may vary depending on the scope of the attachment.
The Government will fund 80% of the training allowance, while the host organisation funds the remaining 20% for the programme duration.
All host organisations must fulfil the following criteria to qualify for SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme - Company Attachments:
- a. Host organisation must be registered or incorporated in Singapore;
- b. Offer attachments ranging from a few months to 9 months (Attachments must commence by 31st March 2021)
- c. Provide clear attachment descriptions and development plans that would provide mid-career individuals with meaningful developmental opportunities during the attachment period, subject to approval by the appointed programme manager.
- d. Co-fund 20% of the training allowance for the duration of the attachment
All Singaporeans and Permanent Residents are eligible for the programme, with the exception of recent graduates who should apply for the SGUnited Traineeships Programme instead*.
How to Apply
Organisations interested to be host organisations to take on mid-career individuals on attachments, can fill up this Interest Form here.
*The SGUnited Traineeships Programme is open to fresh graduates who
- a. Graduated in calendar year 2019 or 2020 from ITE, Polytechnics, Universities, or other educational institutions (e.g. private universities and overseas institutions); or
- b. Graduated from above institutions and completed National Service in 2019 or 2020